About The Organization
Farafena produces nutritious African superfoods, introducing their traditional benefits to North America while creating a positive impact on the lives of African women farmers.
- Improve overall site architecture and navigation to enable easier browsing and a more frictionless experience
- Create a more user-friendly and more visual product story with improved navigation and filtering
- Implement a search friendly and socially-focused Recipes area to drive user engagement and organic search opportunities
- Build out a user-friendly Store Locator page with integrated geolocation, postal code search, and filtering via the Google Maps API
- Implement a fully responsive solution backed by WordPress CMS
Farafena has a powerful and engaging brand story, and a genuine love for producing high quality and nutritious foods. They wanted to redesign their website to help spread awareness about their superfoods, educate their audience on the uses and benefits, and highlight the farmers and communities impacted by their partnerships.
Farafena’s audience cares about wellness and social responsibility, so their storytelling drove the new site structure. The narrative guides the user experience in a natural flow through key content — products, recipes, where to buy, and stories.
Farafena has a bold palette that was fun to work with. The vivid colour accents stand out against the grey and black backgrounds, drawing the eye to key content. With the design refresh we included all new photography, which enhances the site's overall authentic feel. Products and recipes entice clicks and lateral navigation through showcasing their strong, professional imagery.
Bringing it all together
The new Farafena web design is a highly engaging user experience. The new Store Locator page with geolocation search and filtering makes it quick and easy for customers to find Farafena products at nearby stores. Overall site engagement is strengthened through the authentic visual appeal of the big, bold images. The addition of Instagram integration creates a further emotional connection, and elevates the brand messages of health and social responsibility.