About the Company
Founded in 1972, the Equinox Gallery specializes in the long-term representation of local and Canadian artists as well as secondary market sales. Along with a roster of acclaimed senior, mid-career and emerging artists, the gallery also represents artists’ estates.
- Improve overall aesthetic and user experience and to better align with the actual gallery experience
- Improve overall site architecture and deepen content on individual artist pages to provide a richer experience of their work and previous exhibitions
- Add areas for Art Fairs and Collections (back room inventory) to better reflect the gallery activity and inventory of art
- Establish SEO foundations for future growth and leverage organic traffic for artist names
- Implement a fully responsive solution backed by WordPress CMS
The Equinox Gallery has been an important staple in the Vancouver arts community since its inception. In order to best represent the artists on their roster, they needed their website to be more in line with the live gallery experience.
Our goal with this website redesign project was to recreate the experience through clean, minimal design that lets the art and publications tell the story. We would deepen their content with new areas for Art Fairs and an online viewing room, adding more layers to the visual story.
The Equinox Gallery’s branding is subtle, to let the art stand out, but still impactful. We wanted to capture the look of the gallery through the page designs, with tons of white space and fine, modern typography. The overall feeling is calm, reminiscent of studying art hanging on a gallery wall.
Bringing It Together
The new Equinox Gallery website is a much stronger testament to their work. The imagery is striking against the minimal design, and it’s easy for visitors to navigate between artists, publications, exhibitions, and more. New featured content elements draw the viewer deeper into the site to explore more pieces and exhibitions from different artists. The improved Artists content gives the Equinox Gallery an SEO boost through artist bios.