About the Company
The Sound is an agency of brand experts, strategic researchers, idea generators and cultural anthropologists. They help clients around the world solve brand, marketing, communications and product challenges.
- Improve load times, overall performance and on-page content strategy to boost search rankings
- Improve overall site architecture and navigation for a stronger visitor experience
- Support content marketing and social media efforts by reducing bounce rates, improving content accessibility and overall presence in search
- Drive site conversion of users into contacts and ultimately customers
- Implement a fully responsive solution backed by WordPress CMS
Working with another digital strategy agency is always a fun and fast-paced experience. The Sound has vast experience and strong research and innovation capabilities – but like many agencies, their own website had taken the backseat to increasing amounts of client work.
The first phase of this web design and development project migrated The Sound’s site to a stronger WordPress code base, to improve site speed and SEO. During the second phase we planned a full revamp of their user experience. The big focus was on creating more content for SEO, and way more lateral navigation opportunities to improve a visitor’s flow.
The Sound is a frank, bold brand. Our goal was to address the extremely slow page load times while preserving their strong use of video and photography. Their typography and vivid colour palette was left as-is, but new photos were brought in to boost site-wide visual storytelling. We also crafted fun custom icons, which can be seen on their homepage and services.
Bringing It Together
The Sound’s new website is “a little in your face”, just like their brand. The slow site speed issue was drastically improved – the average page load time has decreased from 7.5 seconds to 1 second! And their deeper content and new content areas position The Sound for better search rankings.