“We hired Forge and Smith to help us create a new website after we went through a re brand. From the very first meeting we knew we had chosen the right company to work with. Their knowledge is incredible, they were so easy to work with and always available to help us when we had questions or needed an explanation. The support since our website launched continues to be excellent.”
About the Organization
Tourism Langley is a Destination Marketing Organization and not-for-profit society, working in partnership with the community of Langley Township to facilitate and increase high-quality visitor experiences.
- Improve overall aesthetic and user experience and to make the site more engaging and accessible
- Dramatically improve the mobile experience and performance
- Create a more user-friendly and more visual business and recommendations story with improved navigation and filtering
- Develop an Events calendar to clearly show upcoming events with improved filtering and category-based browsing
- Reorganize and expand the blog for enhanced search, and increase lateral navigation and content discovery
- Grow social engagement and referral traffic through advanced social media integrations
- Implement a fully responsive solution backed by WordPress CMS
Tourism Langley’s destination website was getting lots of traffic, but on-site engagement was low. Mobile visitors in particular were spending little time on site, and the bounce rate was high across all devices and traffic channels. They needed a new web design to improve the experience for tourists and locals alike who rely on their site for all things Langley Township.
A visual experience that makes someone say “I want to try that!” was their goal, and we had to deliver with a custom web design focused on rich photography — and a powerful UX tailored to quickly finding events, guides, tips, and more. Tourism Langley’s site boasts insider information and authentic hotspot advice from real locals, and that story drove the content strategy.
Tourism Langley had existing branding, which we enhanced to showcase the most important content: big, beautiful, high quality photographs. Each page design centred around the engaging imagery, drawing visitors to click and learn more about the shops, restaurants, festivals, sports, and wineries. Modern typography rounds out the website’s atmosphere of a must-see destination.
Bringing It Together
The new Tourism Langley website is an exciting, attractive, and unique visitor experience — much like Langley Township itself. We were able to update their standard text-only events calendar into a robust page with enhanced search filters, and eye-catching event teasers. The improved business, sport, and event detail pages are much more enticing for potential visitors, and offer a stronger user experience through new browsing and discovery opportunities. We’re truly excited about the dramatically better results we were able to help Tourism Langley achieve through the new web design.
Related Case Studies
Check out more of our web design case studies, to see the results we’ve helped our clients achieve.