About the Company
The Marion Scott Gallery specializes in showcasing both new and historical art from the Canadian Arctic, by Canada’s Inuit artists.
- Improve site architecture and navigation to enable easier browsing and a more frictionless experience
- Improve artwork content management, and ensure content relationships are dynamically automated
- Add standard eCommerce functionality via Shopify for publications and smaller artwork
- Build on SEO foundations to increase search engine traffic and drive future growth
- Implement a fully responsive solution backed by WordPress CMS
Avg. Session Duration
Faster Page Loads
The Marion Scott Gallery has a long history of bringing some of the best Northern Canadian art to Vancouver. But with such a vast offering, it was increasingly hard for their team to keep their old website updated.
The focus of this web design was all about the content – improving the ability to browse and discover artists by creating more content relationships. At the same time, it had to be straightforward to manage.
The gallery already had great branding, and this redesign wasn’t about shaking things up. The goal was to keep the site clean, spacious, and minimal to let the art stand out. We made subtle changes to elements like accents and button shapes, to modernize the aesthetic.
Bringing it All Together
The new Marion Scott Gallery website still has the quiet, pensive vibe of moving through a physical art gallery. But now it’s significantly easier for visitors to explore the works, and see exhibitions. And with Shopify easily integrated into their custom WordPress site, they can continue to sell their publications and smaller works.
Related Case Studies
Check out more of our web design case studies, to see the results we’ve helped our clients achieve.