About the Company
PHS Community Services Society is a charitable non-profit that provides housing, healthcare, harm reduction, and health promotion for some of the most vulnerable and under-served people in Vancouver and Victoria.
- Improve overall aesthetic and user experience and to make the site more engaging
- Improve the experience and usability of the Housing and Services sections by utilizing filters and accessibility strategies
- Reorganize and expand current blog for enhanced search and discoverability of content
- Improve SEO foundations for future growth and leverage inbound organic traffic
- Support social engagement and attract referral traffic
- Implement a fully responsive solution backed by WordPress CMS
Organic Search Traffic
PHS provides critical programs, services, and housing for some of our most vulnerable populations. They had recently kicked off a rebrand, and a major part of that would include updating their website.
The focus of this web design project was to make the website a better platform to showcase what they do. Big improvements to both the user experience and the UI design were needed to help them clearly communicate the scope of their work, to attract potential donors.
Because PHS was already going through a rebrand, their team was open to a new look and feel as well – and that was exciting! We presented them with new style tiles with welcoming, natural colours, plus illustrations and typography. We also wanted to make bigger use of their photography, to humanize the work that they do and allow website visitors to feel an emotional connection to the content.
Bringing it All Together
The new PHS website is a much stronger testament to the work that they do. The overall tone feels inviting and helpful, and paths to vital content are clear and accessible. Most importantly, the new website has achieved improved storytelling, guiding potential donors through their programs and services with clear conversion opportunities.
Related Case Studies
Check out more of our web design case studies, to see the results we’ve helped our clients achieve.