About the Organization
ISSofBC is a non-profit providing a supportive environment for newcomers to Canada. They help immigrants and refugees with free services for settlement, English language instruction, and employment needs.
- Improve brand equity and online reach through branded storytelling
- Improve overall site architecture and navigation to enable easier browsing and accessibility of resources
- Create a more user-friendly and more visual programs and services areas with improved navigation and filtering
- Implement a more search friendly and socially-focused blog to drive user engagement and value
- Develop social case studies to improve trust and credibility and create better conversion
- Implement a fully responsive solution backed by WordPress CMS for easy content management
- Provide ongoing content strategy, social media, SEO & analytics support|Provide ongoing content strategy, social media, SEO & analytics support
Avg. Session Duration
ISSofBC has a fantastic reputation for helping all kinds of newcomers to Canada with their services. What they needed was help making their many free resources and services more easily discoverable — in multiple languages.
The old ISSofBC website was text heavy, presenting an overwhelming number of menu and link options. We approached the project with a focus on creating a clean new information architecture and search filtering, to facilitate an intuitive user flow for a wide variety of visitor needs.
The key to designing the new user interface was to balance the multitude of valuable information with engaging imagery and breathing room. Their existing palette was applied to each page in new ways, with larger banners, accents, and buttons. Key brand storytelling pieces like mission, values, history, and immigrant stories were showcased on more spacious page designs.
Bringing it All Together
The latest redesign of the ISSofBC website is a polished, welcoming user experience, with clear paths to find crucial resources and services. Whether the visitor is looking for settlement services, job search help, or to make a donation, the new site structure and navigation make it smooth and seamless. The enhanced imagery contributes to the online authenticity and credibility of their trusted organization. With an ongoing SEO and content strategy partnership, we continue the optimization work started in the first new web design, providing monthly analytics reporting and on-site SEO for strategic improvements.
“The Forge and Smith team are currently finishing up two websites at my work place. Both products are modern, clean and engaging. Great work overall and would certainly recommend the company as a leader in web development in Metro Vancouver. Looking forward to seeing the final touches!”
Related Case Studies
Check out more of our web design case studies, to see the results we’ve helped our clients achieve.