About the Company
Host Defense is building a healthier world with the power of mushrooms. Their wellness products are certified organic and sustainably cultivated, grown, and processed in the USA.
- Create strong site architecture and navigation to enable easy browsing and a frictionless experience
- Create a user-friendly and visual product story with custom navigation and filtering
- Integrate the ‘Learn’ content throughout the product story to drive conversion and trust-building
- Establish a foundation for strong SEO performance
- Implement a fully responsive solution backed by WordPress CMS
Host Defense came to us when they were planning to launch their brand in Canada, and needed an all-new Canadian website.
Although it needed to respect the US site’s branding and style, there was a great opportunity to create an improved user experience. Our goal was to craft a website that served as both a shoppable product catalogue and a resource for mushroom education.
Host Defense has a rich, earthy palette of browns and greens. We added greys and darker overlays to evoke the feeling of foraging in a forest. Coupled with new illustrations and icons, the resources and products are elevated – but remain on-brand with the US site’s content.
Bringing it All Together
The new Canadian Host Defense website is a testament to their mission of building a healthier, mushroom-powered world. The content has a natural flow between wellness products, mushroom profiles, and educational content. In the first month after launch the site saw consistently strong user engagement, fast page load times, and search engine traffic.
Related Case Studies
Check out more of our web design case studies, to see the results we’ve helped our clients achieve.