About the Organization
Tourism New Westminster curates and promotes local restaurants, accommodations, events, and activities to help visitors and residents get the most out of their time in the city.
- Improve overall aesthetic and user experience and to make the site more engaging and accessible
- Dramatically improve the mobile experience and performance
- Create a more user-friendly, visual business and recommendations story with improved navigation and filtering
- Develop an Events calendar to clearly show upcoming events and drive attendance
- Dramatically improve SEO performance
- Grow social engagement and referral traffic through advanced social media integrations
- Implement a fully responsive solution backed by WordPress CMS
Tourism New Westminster had a colourful website full of local content — but it was difficult for visitors to quickly find what they were looking for, especially on mobile devices. The organization needed a fresh new web design and development to help make their massive volume of useful and popular information more user-friendly.
Content strategy and information architecture drove this project, with a strong need for a logical content backbone and intuitive navigation. With such a large amount of content, the new site’s categories and filtering had to be top priority to ensure that the new site was easily searchable and browsable.
We added layers of depth to Tourism New Westminster’s colourful existing branding with overlays in darker, more neutral shades. Their wealth of attractive local photography was given centre stage, and the addition of a social media plugin adds even more authentic imagery to the site. A clean, modern typeface and simple illustrated icons round out the new interface design.
Bringing It Together
The new Tourism New Westminster website design is attractive, and most importantly, extremely easy to explore across desktop and mobile devices. From restaurants and venues to the latest news and blog posts, visitors can quickly understand where content is located and navigate between pages. The new events calendar adds a highly useful element for both tourists and residents of the city, while the #MadeInNewWest social media integration brings a fun and authentic flavour to the overall experience.
Related Case Studies
Check out more of our web design case studies, to see the results we’ve helped our clients achieve.