About the Company
Founded in 1938, Blue Cross provides health and travel insurance for over 7 million Canadians each year.
- Improve regional sales by supporting the national marketing program
- Improve site architecture and navigation to enable easier browsing and a more frictionless experience
- Deepen the content experience and significantly modernize the look, feel, and usability
- Drive conversion of site visitors into contacts and ultimately customers
- Build on SEO foundations to increase search engine traffic and drive future growth
- Implement a fully responsive solution backed by WordPress CMS for easy content management
Avg. Pages Per Session
Faster Page Speeds
Blue Cross has major national recognition in Canada, but their website was old and outdated. They approached us about a fresh website to support their national marketing program and regional sales, and to include a soft rebrand.
The focus of this website redesign was on making the site significantly more usable, and improving the path to explore insurance options in a visitor’s province or territory. At the same time, we wanted to create a deeper content experience around their community initiatives and resources.
Blue Cross wasn’t doing anything drastic with their branding, so our design work was centred around modernizing the site and giving it a more human, family-friendly feel. This was driven by new photography and typography, and more shades and tones in their blue palette to give the pages depth and guide the reader’s eye.
Bringing it All Together
The new Blue Cross website is lightyears ahead of its predecessor. It’s quick to load, easy to explore, and much more visually appealing. Visitors can easily customize their experience to their region, and switch to English or French. Most importantly, it’s a strong digital asset for their marketing and sales, to help increase awareness and sales.
Related Case Studies
Check out more of our web design case studies, to see the results we’ve helped our clients achieve.