About The Organization
Shark Club's big screens, Pay Per View events, quality pub food, and craft beers have made it a favourite place for Vancouver sports fans to hang out and catch the game since 1993.
- Improve brand equity and online reach through branded storytelling, shifting towards a more inclusive brand image
- Mobile-first approach to ensure all content is fully accessible, navigation and performance established for current mobile best practices
- Emphasize a sports-themed common thread throughout the new design
- Create personalized user experience on location pages: geo-location filtering, specials, happy hours, and time-stamped content
- Drive engagement and visitation through mobile-friendly Book a Table form with flexible conditional logic and blackout date functionality
- Implement a fully responsive solution backed by WordPress CMS
Shark Club is a popular Vancouver venue with a well-established brand, and the company prides itself on delivering an exceptional customer experience. What they needed was a website redesign that could create an equally strong online experience, across multiple devices. They’re also shifting their branding away from the traditional ‘macho’ vibe to welcome all sports fans.
This web design and development project needed a mobile-first approach, with keen attention to building a smooth, personalized experience. We prioritized geo-location filtering, online booking, and functionality to deliver time-stamped content, so that each visitor get a highly personalized experience crafted to drive online bookings.
Shark Club has well-established branding, and although the new website was primarily about user experience an functionality, they wanted to take the opportunity for a small brand refresh. The objective was for the new design to feel less specifically masculine, and simply be all about the sports. We worked their existing palette of striking shades of black and grey with primary accents, building out their brand story through lively photos of real customers and staff.
Bringing it all together
The new Shark Club website is a mobile-friendly, location-driven user experience. Visitors are quickly offered their nearest Shark Club venue, and can see current menus, features, hours, events, and more. Even the careers and blog content is able to be filtered to the user's specific location, delivering the most relevant content to each visitor. Prominent site-wide callouts to book a table drive reservations, and flexible content blocks allow the Shark Club team more creativity when adding new pages and content.