About The Organization
Oceanfood Sales has been providing Canadians with sustainably sourced, quality seafood since 1970. They produce and import products to retailers, restaurants, and food manufacturers
- Improve brand equity and online reach through branded storytelling
- Create a more user-friendly and more visual product story with improved navigation and filtering
- Create a user-friendly Resources section with search filtering to build trust & credibility
- Implement robust landing pages for the in-house product lines with product details and where to buy function
- Establish SEO foundations for future growth and leverage
- Grow social engagement and referral traffic
Oceanfood Sales determined that to stay competitive they needed to implement a more strategic digital marketing plan, including a new website with dramatically improved content and marketing efforts to drive reach and traffic.
Our focus was driven by information marketing, showcasing the company’s vast depth of knowledge and leadership in sustainable practices to establish trust. We needed to flesh out the content to create a socially focused blog area, consumer resources, stewardship, and more robust landing pages for their Nanuk and Voyageur product lines which had no online presence.
Oceanfood Sales had some existing branding for us to work with, but we had the opportunity to create a full custom palette with modern typography and vibrant colour accents. Our design focus was on enhancing their visual storytelling. From tantalizing meals to scenic ocean imagery, Oceanfoods had a great library of brand photography that we were able to showcase.
Bringing it all together
The new Oceanfood Sales website achieves its goals of improving their content depth, imagery, and online reach. With ample areas for ongoing content additions, we were able to create a solid SEO foundation upon which they could continue to build. Forge and Smith worked with Oceanfoods on an ongoing digital marketing support partnership that included monthly SEO and Google Analytics reporting, and we've since built custom micro-sites for their Nanuk and Voyageur house brands.