About The Organization
The Douglas Students’ Union is an organization created to support students and provide advocacy, events, clubs and services to enhance their experience at Douglas College. Independent of the institution, they are run by students.
- Improve overall aesthetic and user experience and to make the site more engaging
- Improve overall site architecture and navigation to enable easier browsing and a more frictionless experience
- Improve site conversion of users into app users
- Create a highly usable, search-able and browse-able Club catalogue for improved engagement
- Develop an Events calendar to clearly show upcoming events and drive attendance driven by Facebook
- Implement a fully responsive solution backed by WordPress CMS
Pageviews+ --% Year Over Year
Bounce Rate- --% Year Over Year
Organic Search Traffic+ --% Year Over Year
The Douglas Students Union provides great support on behalf of their student body. They needed a fresh website that could showcase their range of services, engage multiple audiences, and create a significantly stronger user experience.
The focus for this project was a complete revamping of the existing site’s structure and UI design to include new photography, and refreshed content and strategies. The goal was for the new site experience to strengthen their ongoing marketing initiatives including SEO, content marketing, and social media referral.
The DSU had existing branding, but it was getting lost in a text-heavy, outdated site design. We had the opportunity to create a cleaner, more open look and feel with modern typography and a big emphasis on imagery and visual storytelling. The use of real student photos throughout the site creates an immediate, authentic connection. The look is more polished, making navigation and featured content more enticing.
Bringing it all together
The new Douglas Students Union website is much more aligned with their organizations goal to enhance student experiences. Events, campaigns, and clubs are easily discovered and explored through the new design. A clear, intuitive information architecture keeps their content accessible and reduces information overload. The site has seen great improvements on user engagement metrics, indicating that its student visitors are finding it more helpful and relevant.