About The Organization
“Passive House” is a building standard that achieves very high energy efficiency, high performance, comfort and health benefits at an affordable price. Passive House design principles can be applied to any type of building.
- Build a website that clearly demonstrates what a passive house is
- Craft a site to showcase Canadian passive house projects and convey the knowledge on how to build to the passive house standard
- Create a simple checkout process for their members to pay their dues & drive membership
- Build an easy-to-use workshop registration process for members and non-members
- Ensure device accessibility through Responsive Web Design
Moving away from a site that was hard to use and didn’t represent their vision or purpose, Passive House was excited to start their project with us to build a beautiful website that would speak to their target audience. They wanted to ensure the user experience was not overly technical, but would lead to increased conversions for membership and eventually certification.
Placing heavy emphasis on photographs of Canadian passive homes we crafted a full-width design experience. To keep the aesthetic clean and contemporary, much like the refined elegant look of their homes, we placed importance on the use of white space. Incorporating simple touches like using concise callouts and headings, with subtle touches of yellow as in their logo, we were able to create a sophisticated, non elitist or exclusive online presence for Canadian Passive House Institute.
Bringing it all together
Knowing that the new website would be the centre of their future marketing efforts we needed to develop a web system that enables them to sell memberships, manage events and complete course registration. We built a site that incorporates Tribe Events Calendar, allowing them to sell tickets and manage events. With a new event management setup that works seamlessly with WooCommerce, and a custom membership system; we built an easy-to-maintain system that makes executing their marketing strategy a breeze.